When I decided to start camming I did research. A fuckton of it. A metric shitload of research. I thought of nothing but camming. I furiously devoured blog and forum posts, looked at porn websites and hung out in camgirl rooms. I was consumed by it. What webcam to buy, what to wear, how to act, what to do when someone finally clicked that button to take me private, how I would get paid. I thought I had a pretty full understanding of camming the first time I hit the “Start Show” button. Needless to say, some things you only learn by doing………
- SHADY DUDES! Protect Yourself! I am NOT kidding here! The first thing you should put into your head when you login is all of these guys are crazy and resourceful as FUCK! This should be on your mind EVERY SINGLE SECOND you are broadcasting! Do NOT give out any personal information at all! I lie my ass off all day. Stay safe! Look at every guy as if he is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Most are harmless and just want to jerk off but you never know….. I don’t care how NICE is is or how much money he spends on you – don’t ever give him your information! EVER!
- FREELOADERS Freeloaders will be the bane of your existence while you are camming. I knew to expect them but holy shit I hate them. They are manipulative and/or stupid as fuck. They will try everything they can to get something out of you for free. When I was new I fell for this over and over. Don’t fall for their shit. I promise, you will thank yourself for it later. When any customer on a cam site says “Show me ___ and I will take you private/tip” just know he is absolutely full of shit! I don’t care how much $ he has in his account. I have had men sit in my room with upwards of $1K trying to get free shit. If he doesn’t tip/take you private – do not give him a damn thing. Including your time.
- MONEY IS INCONISISTENT! You will start making money. Sometimes even VERY GOOD money. Do not let yourself for one second think one pay period, one day, or even one shift is going to be consistent. I’ve had days where I have logged in for 3 hours, made $5 and then went back in a few hours later and made $600 in an hour and a half. There have been months when I have made $500 and months where I have made $12K. You are fully dependent on these men for your financial survival. This is where you need to be smart! Shit will fuck your schedule up! I promise! Illness, internet going down/out, your damn period, weather, etc….. Don’t ever think because you cam for a few hours one night and made a few hundred or more bucks it will happen again the next time you log in. Save your money as much as you can! Pay off debts and pay your bills ahead if you can! Cover your financial ass!
- Chargeback and Refunds! Another little nugget to keep in your pocket. Yes, appreciate the site for being available for you to use, but always be aware you may get “chargebacks” or “refunds”. Tips you have earned/shows you have done will be “refunded” to the user/member. Even though you know damn well that particular customer would not ask for a tip/gift refund because he always spends a lot and tips well and they only “refunded” him a $5 tip out of the $300 he has tipped you over a month….. Um, yeah. Just be sure you understand that this is a part of the industry and every single cam site does this. You will just have to accept it. If you find a cam site that NEVER does this please correct me and send me the link so that I can cam there!
- BE CONSISTENT! It is VERY easy when you first start out to just cam your ass off. When I started out and saw the potential cash I could make doing this I would cam 18-20 hour shifts and would do what I could to be in there as much as I could. Sure I started making good money but I burnt myself out FAST! It’s easy to run yourself into the ground because it’s available to you 24 hours a day. It’s just as easy to procrastinate. If you had an amazing shift one day you may want to treat yourself to a day off the next. It’s easy to say “I’ll log in later/tomorrow”. The very best thing you can do with this is treat it like a job. Set yourself a schedule that works for you physically/financially and emotionally. This will come with time and you will figure out what works for you. It took me a good 6 months or so to balance out my schedule to avoid burnout yet bring in what I needed to bring in. Sometimes it will be slow and you will have to hustle an extra shift or 2 to make ends meet but be sure you take very good care of yourself while doing this! This is a JOB and is what is paying your bills, treat it as such and you will be rewarded.
There is so much to learn when you first start out, much of it will be hands on and will come with experience. So set your schedule, watch your ass and save your money. Get your makeup on beautiful girl and go make some cash!